When looking for a substance use Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), it’s important to find one that fits your individual needs. Here are some things to consider when choosing an IOP:
- Treatment approach: Different IOPs use different treatment approaches, so it’s important to find one that aligns with your needs and preferences. For example, some programs may focus on medication-assisted treatment, while others may use cognitive-behavioral therapy or holistic approaches.
- Staff qualifications: The staff at the IOP should be highly trained and qualified to provide substance use treatment. This includes licensed therapists, counselors, and medical professionals.
- Range of services: Look for an IOP that offers a comprehensive range of services, such as individual therapy, group therapy, case management, and aftercare support. This ensures that you receive personalized care and support to help you achieve lasting recovery.
- Location and accessibility: Consider the location and accessibility of the IOP. Is it close to your home or work? Can you easily get to the program on a regular basis? Is there a virtual or telehealth option? These factors can impact your ability to attend the program consistently and get the most out of it.
- Cost: Substance use treatment can be expensive, so it’s important to consider the cost and whether your insurance will cover it. Look for an IOP that is affordable or offers financing options.
By considering these factors, you can find an IOP tailored to your needs and provides the support and resources you need to overcome substance use challenges and achieve lasting recovery.
At Thru, we are an evidence-based program with highly-trained staff delivering our program to meet you where you are via our virtual-first model. Learn more about Thru and how we can support your recovery: www.thru.health/about